"Where else would you go when you have an ax to grind?"

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Nice to see one finally admit it

"That’s me, a marine, a murderer of civilians" This interview with U.S. Marine Jimmy Massey by Patrizio Lombroso of Il Manifesto appeared the day before Giuliana Sgrena was released and shot. It’s an interview not calculated to win love and friendship in official Washington circles.‘

“I’ve seen the horror that we were causing every day in Iraq. I have been part of it. We are all just murderers.“We kill innocent Iraqi civilians all the time. That’s the way it is. I believe they need to withdraw all foreign military troops in Iraq right away. And I say this about other soldiers: to avoid punishment or reprisals by the military, they don’t want to talk and admit that killing terrorists is not our mission. It’s to kill innocent civilians.”

No comments: