"Where else would you go when you have an ax to grind?"

Monday, April 16, 2007

I freaked out, I came to Japan, I got a job teaching English, now I'm a professional writer and editor
People here often ask me "Reberand Paperboy-san, why are you come to the Japan?" -- I usually tell them "I came for the waters" When they don't get that I explain that within the span of a few months I got wrongfully fired from a job that provided me with a large part of my identity, had a serious relationship split up, turned 30, watched my friends suffer an unspeakable tragedy, crashed my car, absconded with the church funds, ran off with a senator's wife -- usually they like to think I killed a man, its the romantic in them. Guess how long I've been here as of this month...

4 comments:

Dave said...

Heh. Now you've got me wanting to watch Gross Pointe Blank, and it's past midnight.

RossK said...

Double heh.

But rev, just so you know, I always get a little thrill when I see Chiba, Chiba in the logs - always made me think, vaguely, that you have something in common with a slightly off-kilter character in a William Gibson novel......

But now it's going to be the GrossePointe thing.

Which isn't a bad thing.

At all.

.

.

Rev.Paperboy said...

Actually the sky here often is the color of television static...

Cathie from Canada said...

Must be the waters!