"Where else would you go when you have an ax to grind?"

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Regressive Conservatives

I'm so glad I moved back to Canada in time to vote against these jerks. I said when they passed this law that it was bad idea and poorly thought out. Now that I'm dealing with the realities of applying for confirmation of citizenship for my two kids born in Tokyo and applying for permanent resident status for my wife, I think it was an even worse idea that was not thought through at all. But I suppose the Conservatives consider anyone who has been further away from home than spending a weekend shopping at the outlet malls near Plattsburgh or a golf holiday in Florida to be an "elite." Remember, getting too much of that fancy egghead book-learning just makes you want to live in a big city with other elites or - god forbid - among foreigners. The only Real Canadians (tm) are those who stay on the farm, clinging to their bibles, guns and Conservative Party of Canada membership cards. Maybe Stephen can figure out a way to revoke citizenship for those that leave the country -- he certainly seems to be working on it.


http://www.wikio.com

1 comment:

Ffib said...

Fortunately for most of us we are objecting to the ideogical changes being made by this goverment in the third person. We are not yet feeling the effects, first hand.

Hence we are forced to try and connect dots and postulate pressumptive pedictions of doom which to the fence sitters reeks of sentionalism or childish chicken liitle chatter.

Unfortunately, for you, my friend and your family members that is not the case. I obviously hope that you can quickly work your way through these hoops and obstacles and when you believe the time is right post about it. A first hand perpective would definitely help explain what is actually happening here.