"Where else would you go when you have an ax to grind?"

Thursday, July 24, 2003

No, the only way I will come back to Canada is if I can get a job there. As far as being a Canadian is concerned, just because I don't live there doesn't it doesn't make me any less Canadian. I still crave Molson, Hockey Night in Canada and peameal bacon. I still drink too much on July 1, and no, it not just to celebrate you and Ceri anniversary. I still apologize when someone steps on on my foot in an elevator, I still say 'zed' not 'zee', and spell things properly (centre, colour, theatre goddammit!) I still don't zip up my coat until it hits -5 C, I still say 'eh' and am teaching my children to do so. I still know how to pronounce Atawapiskat and Kapuskasing, I still tell newfie jokes, listen to the Rheostatics, think Stompin' Tom Conners is a genius and I still drink a nice hot cup of maple syrup each and every morning....I Am Canadian!

Where were YOU born?

No comments: