"Where else would you go when you have an ax to grind?"

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Irony is not only dead, but its corpse had been desecrated



The young girl has a lovely voice, yes, but seeing Stephen Harper sing this song is like watching David Duke sing "We Shall Overcome." Someone who was disappointed we didn't get to play in the Iraq sandbox and is destroying our fiscal security to buy unnecessary stealth fighter jets should not be singing peace anthems. It is not merely distasteful,  it is hour-long-shower-scrub-with-a-wire-brush disgusting. Maybe this is his energy plan, to hook John Lennon's coffin up to a turbine and provide free electricity to the entire American continent from the resultant spinning.

He says he has his own lyrics for the song - I'll bet. Something along the lines of "Imagine there's no Liberals..." no doubt.

Personally, I'd have thought he'd be more into a different Lennon tune from a year or two earlier, though again he'd have his own lyrics... "You say you want a coalition..." or perhaps "Can't buy me Love."


http://www.wikio.com

6 comments:

Otter said...

I refuse to click on "play". It's tough...it's kinda like a driving by an accident, you don't want to look, but something makes you look anyway.

rev.paperboy said...

that is the dilemma, because when you look into the abyss, the abyss also looks into you.

Otter said...

had to look....the horror...oh god...the horror...

stevewoodsteel said...

I need to sit down.

Myrtle, get me my pain pills and a glass of seltzer!

Anonymous said...

Ran across this post, "Canada! How Does It Work?" today and wondered what you thought of it. Even I, who finds the humor of Steve Smith funny when old K-cars and duct tape are concerned, got the reference to "Prime Minister Jean Poutine."

Lelani Carver said...

Well, I don't want to be anonymous, I'm me. So here I am. And how DOES it work?