"Where else would you go when you have an ax to grind?"

Monday, February 07, 2022

Why this stupid country works

I had a bit of a Corner Gas moment today. I was delivering a bottle of wine to my neighbour as a thank you for him using his snowblower to clear our driveway, twice, during the recent snowstorm that dropped about six inches on us last week. I pretty much had to force my neighbour Doug, who is at least 20 years older than me, to accept the bottle of wine. 

"I was just being neighbourly, eh" said the reason our country works.
His wife threw in the obligatory " oh, he just has a new toy he loves to show off" that comes with every snowblower sold in Canada, and I giggled like a schoolgirl all the way home. 

we may be OK, folks. We just need a few more Dougs.
http://www.wikio.com

No comments: